Careers – BILINGUAL THERAPIST (ASSOCIATE)
Job Classification: Full Time 30 hours per week & Health Benefits
Salary: $20 – $22 per hour
Reporting Manager: Director of Clinical Training
Location of job: Remote/Main Office – 1030 N. Ventura Rd. Oxnard, CA 93030
To Apply: Email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Human
**Bilingual in English and Spanish is required for this position.
The Coalition is a 501(C)3 Non-Profit Organization, and we aim to improve the quality of life and
create hope for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Our ultimate goal is to provide
victims with alternative ways of coping with physical and/or emotional abuse through education,
counseling, shelter, non-judgmental emotional support, and housing assistance.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position provides direct client services to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. As
an MFT Associate, this position includes providing assessment, individual and family counseling,
couples counseling and/or group counseling for victims of abuse and their support person(s). This
includes both short term therapy and crisis counseling as consistent with the organization’s
philosophy, the client’s best interest, and the therapist’s score of practice. You may be required to
work virtually and in-person with clients from a range of populations including but not limited to:
victims of abuse, LGBTQ+ persons, university-based students, and school-based student
youth. This is a 30 hour per week position with health benefits. Bilingual in English and
Spanish is required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in clinical field REQUIRED. Emphasis is on learning casework and treatment
methods appropriate to Coalition’s Clinical program, procedures and policies as part of a multi-disciplinary
team. Recently graduated to one year of obtaining Associate Registration from BBS.
Fundamental Job Requirements
● Provides therapy to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
● Conducts client intakes and facilitates case management including preparing client
assessments, submitting weekly progress notes, creating treatment plans, tracking records
of payment, and other client management.
● Attends mandatory individual and/or group supervision with assigned Clinical Supervisor.
● May conduct psychoeducational/support groups for a variety of populations.
● May work collaboratively with our Education and Training Coordinator to present on topics
tied to domestic and sexual trauma at our 40-Hour Domestic and/or Sexual Assault Training.
● Submits completed clinical documents on a weekly basis to Navigation Team towards file
● Collaborates with outside agencies regarding counseling and victim resources in order to
advocate for clients and offer appropriate referrals.
● Other duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Training.
● The schedule for this position is developed with the reporting manager(s); schedule will
revolve around the availability of our client list. 30 hr/week.
● Due to the essential functions of this job, including providing therapy to survivors of violence,
arriving for your shift on time is an essential requirement.
● This position is eligible for overtime benefits.
● Master’s Degree with Clinical Emphasis. Must be registered with BBS, license eligible.
● Must obtain Domestic Violence Counselor certification that meets the requirements under
California Evidence Code 1037.1 within one year of hire date.
● Must obtain Sexual Assault Counselor certification that meets the requirements under
California Evidence Code 1305.2 within one year of hire date.
● Must complete our LGBTQ+ 101 Training within 6 months of hire date.
● Basic computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and
● Basic knowledge of general office equipment is required.
● Must demonstrate strong crisis management skills.
● Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal.
● Regularly expanding knowledge base on topics of gendered violence, impacts of domestic
and sexual assault on the community, working with survivors of violence, and more by
reading literature, blog and news posts, is expected.
● Ability to speak English (and Spanish as noted) fluently is required.
● Must have the ability to communicate with clientele over phone, electronic correspondence,
● Central air and heating are available in the main office and can be controlled by staff.
● May be required to stand, sit, stoop, bend, and lift/move up to 20 lbs.
● Coalition for Family Harmony may accommodate to these physical requirements upon
● Must complete our agency’s LGBTQ+ 101 Training within 6 months of hire date and our
assessment tool in order to ascertain knowledge base before working with LGBTQ+ clients.
● Must be able to demonstrate working effectively with and showing respect to survivors of
violence, including those from diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, socioeconomic, sexual
preferences and/or identities, gender identities/expression, and political backgrounds.
● Ability to communicate and write clearly and professionally is required.
● Must demonstrate ability to navigate crisis and problem solve independently, using best
● Must maintain a positive, friendly, and welcoming attitude with staff and clients within the
● Must utilize assertiveness, professionalism and non-violent communication when speaking
with clients, staff, or community partners.
● Staff is expected to take the initiative during down time to identify and work towards program
● Must pass extensive background check
● Travel is required for this position. Modes of transportation expected for this position to utilize
are by automobile when applicable.
● The option to telecommute (or to perform essential job duties at home) is assessed on a
case-by case basis by Reporting Manager and, if necessary, by members of the Leadership
● COVID-19 vaccination required (medical or religious exemption requests will be reviewed on
a case-by-case basis)
**All positions are based on funding availability and are subject to change**
EEO – Coalition for Family Harmony is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all
applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Coalition for Family Harmony provides direct services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; to educate the community regarding violence against women, children and men; to prevent the cycle of violence.