Careers – Batterer’s Intervention Group Facilitator (Certified)
Salary Range: $17.00 – $18.00 per hour DOE; pay incentives available for facilitating multiple
Groups Hours: Part Time – Hours vary
Reports to: Director of Clinical Training
To Apply: Email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Human Resources
**Bilingual in English and Spanish is required for this position.
Batters Intervention Group Facilitator facilitates 52 week psycho-educational groups for offenders of domestic violence.
Facilitator works with program coordinator to maintain accurate records of client participation in accordance to probation
standards. Must have completed the required 40 hour training and received certification to provide batterers intervention
• Facilitates court mandated classes for the 52 week Batterers Intervention Program.
• Ensures that the lesson plans adhere to the approved curriculum and remains in accordance with the requirements
stated in Penal Code § 1203.097 & 1203.098.
• Provides training and guidance to new facilitators through the co-facilitation of groups.
• Maintains accurate and timely records of all contacts, including filing of weekly case notes, assessments, assignments and
other relevant correspondence.
• Administers pre, mid and final evaluations for group participants.
• Ensures that the group tone, content and therapeutic methods reflect the principle of holding participants accountable
through exploration of the roots and intent of their behavior.
• Attend regular supervision with supervisor and staff meetings as assigned.
• Participates in both external and internal trainings as assigned.
• Mandated reporter of child and elder abuse.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in social services preferred
• Must have certification to provide 52 week batterers intervention classes.
• Must have completed the required 40-hour domestic violence training pursuant to Penal Code § 1203.098, prior to
• Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred.
• Must have prior experience facilitating psycho educational groups and possess strong group management skills.
• Must maintain 16 continuing education credits annually, pursuant to penal code 1203.098 and all other necessary
training and education requirements in order to facilitate batterer’s intervention groups. Must maintain approved
provider facilitation status through Ventura County Probation at all times.
• Have extensive knowledge of family systems, dynamics of domestic violence, substance abuse, anger management, child
abuse, co-custody parenting, child development and the cycle of violence.
• Must have experience facilitating both male and female batterer intervention groups.
• Must possess strong crisis intervention skills and have firm knowledge of reporting laws.
• Must be able to work effectively with individuals from diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
• Must be able to work independently and maintain flexibility.
• Must be available to work evenings.
• Successful background and criminal clearance required.
• Complete 80-hours of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Crisis Counselor Training
Coalition for Family Harmony provides direct services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; to
educate the community regarding violence against women, children and men; to prevent the cycle of violence.