Careers – Front Desk Support, Pool Staff
Job Classification: On-call as needed, hours aren’t guaranteed
Salary Range: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour; paid semi-monthly
Reporting Manager: Director of Operations
Location of job: Coalition Main Office
To Apply: Email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com, Attn: Human Resources
**Bilingual in English and Spanish is required for this position.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pool Staff for the Administrative Department is expected to provide leadership, multi-tasking, and problem-solving
at the front desk of Coalition for Family Harmony’s (CFH) front desk. Admin Pool Staff will serve as the initial contact
at the agency’s main office and will perform duties to route callers, clients, and visitors to the appropriate sources
of assistance. Furthermore, the Admin Pool Staff provides an array of supportive services to the Administrative
Department. This on-call position will serve to fill in shifts for regular staff during holidays, vacation and sick time,
and whenever more staffing is required. Bilingual in English/Spanish is required.
Fundamental Job Requirements
• Answers phones in a polite, trauma-informed and culturally-sensitive manner; collects appropriate caller
detail within daily logs.
• Routes crisis callers and individuals requested in-person crisis support to available DV/SA Counselors.
• Produces copies and distributes information to staff at the request of Coalition Leadership Team.
• Records messages during office closures.
• Reports any emergency maintenance or repairs to the direct manager and contacts our
contractors/vendors to obtain service
• Receives and distributes incoming mail; affixes postage to outgoing mail; takes outgoing
packages/correspondence to post office.
• Receives client fees and donations; issues appropriate receipts and records as directed.
• Stocks updated client brochures, flyers, cards and other information in lobby.
• Maintains a neat and welcoming lobby area.
• Insures that copy machines are well-maintained and properly stocked.
• Ability to speak English and Spanish fluently is a requirement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position is on-call. Typical work hours for the main office headquarters are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM,
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
• Due to the essential functions of this job, arriving for your shift on time is an essential requirement.
• This position is eligible for overtime benefits.
• Associate degree in social services, psychological, or administrative background preferred.
• Must obtain Domestic Violence Counselor certification that meets the requirements under California
Evidence Code 1037.1 within one year of hire date.
• Must obtain Sexual Assault Counselor certification that meets the requirements under California Evidence
Code 1305.2 within one year of hire date.
• Minimum two years of administrative related experience required.
• Basic computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Basic knowledge of general office equipment is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of CFH services and internal referral process required.
• Must have the ability to communicate with clientele over phone, electronic correspondence and in person.
• 100% of the fundamental job requirements occur inside the CFH main office, a multi-unit office building.
This position will be stationed behind a secured window and locked door.
• Central air and heating are available in office and can be controlled by staff.
• May be required to stand, sit, stoop, bend, and lift/move up to 20 lbs.
• Coalition for Family Harmony may accommodate to these physical requirements upon request.
• Must be able to demonstrate working effectively with and showing respect to all survivors of violence,
including those from diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, socioeconomic, sexual preferences and/or
identities, gender identities/expression, and political backgrounds.
• Ability to communicate and write clearly and professionally is required.
• Must demonstrate ability to navigate crisis and solving problems independently, using best judgment and
critical thinking skills.
• Must maintain a positive, friendly, and welcoming attitude with staff, clients and visitors at the main
• Must utilize assertiveness, professionalism and non-violent communication when handling issues with
clients, visitors or staff.
• Staff is expected to use initiative in position; they are expected to use initiative during down time to
identify and work towards program needs.
• Must pass extensive background check
• The option to telecommute (or to perform essential job duties at home) is not permitted for this position.
Coalition for Family Harmony provides direct services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; to
educate the community regarding violence against women, children and men; to prevent the cycle of violence.