Careers – Batterer’s Group Coordinator
Job Classification: Regular Part Time (Up to 25 hours per week)
Salary Range: $20 per hour; paid semi-monthly
Department: Clinical Department
Location of job: Main Office, 1030 North Ventura Road, Oxnard CA 93030
To Apply: Email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com, Attn: Human Resources
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Batterer’s Group Coordinator provides administrative support to the array of offender population programs offered
at Coalition for Family Harmony. The individual in this position performs a key role in our agency’s mission of
successfully coordinating programs that serve to prevent future cycles of violence.
Fundamental Job Requirements
● Conducts intake and full assessment of new participants in the program, as delegated by VC Probation Standards and
● Conducts orientation sessions for new participants of groups; provides accurate and local referrals to individuals who
do not meet the qualifications of our program.
● Hires and trains new Group Facilitators; monitors and tracks new Group Facilitator's progress in training hours
towards the designation of Experienced Facilitators.
● Activate certification procedure with VC Probation for Facilitators completing 104 co-facilitation hours.
● Ensures continuing educational unit completion of Facilitators per VC Probation Standards and Procedures.
● Represent the agency in the successful annual audit of the program by VC Probation Agency.
● Effectively relay comments and areas for improvement from VC Probation Agency to Group Facilitator collected
during the Group Facilitator audit process.
● Regularly communicate with partner agencies involved with Batterer's Programs, including VC Probation Agency.
● Work collaboratively with Coalition's Navigation Team in maintaining complete and accurate client files and
● Respond with urgency to requests for records and/or subpoenas, according to agency policy and applicable
● Provide guidance and support to Group Facilitators in regularly-held meetings.
● Provide regular updates to Probation Officers on program participants, in accordance with VC Probation Standards
● Responsible for tracking and collecting program fees and enforcing standardized fee policy in conjunction with the
● Actively monitor requests for groups, waitlists, and open new groups as Group Facilitator capacity allows.
● Responsible for informing the victim of the abuser via verbal and written correspondence the requirements for the
defendants participation in the intervention program, as well as local victim services.
● Conducts Exit Conference with program participant, including communication with VC Probation on clients successful
completion of the program.
● Reporting any applicable issues or failure of participants in completing Batterer’s Program to their Probation Officer.
● Ensure program compliance in accordance with VC Probation Standards and Procedures.
● Represents the agency at multidisciplinary meetings, community outreach events, taskforces or councils.
● Performs other duties as assigned/defined by the immediate Supervisor.
● This position is Part-Time and the schedule is determined in collaboration with the immediate Supervisor.
● Due to the essential functions of this job, including timely response to Ventura County Probation Department,
arriving for your shift on time is an essential requirement.
● This position is not eligible for overtime benefits.
● Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social science, or criminal justice field strongly preferred.
● REQUIRED: Designation of Experienced Facilitator per PC §1203.098(a)(3)(A-C).
● Must obtain Domestic Violence Counselor certification that meets the requirements under California Evidence Code
1037.1 within one year of hire date.
● Must obtain Sexual Assault Counselor certification that meets the requirements under California Evidence Code
1305.2 within one year of hire date.
● Must complete LGBTQ+ 101 Cultural Sensitivity Training within 6 months of hire date.
● Must demonstrate excellent, professional communication and organizational skills.
● Demonstrated knowledge of the impacts of domestic violence on various communities of people.
● Prior experience or knowledge on working with offender/court-mandated populations preferred.
● Regularly expanding knowledge base on topics of gendered violence, impacts of domestic and sexual assault on the
community, working with survivors of violence, and more by reading literature, blog and news posts, etc. is expected.
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite strongly preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records.
● Ability to speak English and Spanish fluently is required.
● Must have the ability to communicate with clientele over phone, electronic correspondence and in-person.
● 100% of the fundamental job requirements may occur at the Oxnard Main Office, a one-story office building. This
position is stationed in an office closed to public access.
● Central air and heating is available in shelter and can be controlled by staff.
● May be required to stand, sit, stoop, bend, and lift/move up to 20 lbs.
● Coalition for Family Harmony may accommodate these physical requirements upon request.
● Must be able to demonstrate working effectively with and showing respect to all survivors of violence, including those
from diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, socioeconomic, sexual preferences and/or identities, gender
identities/expression, and political backgrounds.
● Ability to communicate and write clearly and professionally is required.
● Must demonstrate ability to navigate crises and solving problems independently, using best judgment and critical
● Must maintain a positive, friendly, and welcoming attitude with staff and residents at emergency shelter and within
● Must utilize assertiveness, professionalism and non-violent communication when handling issues with clients and/or
● Must possess exceptional professional and ethical standards.
● Must pass an extensive background check.
● Travel may be required for this position. Modes of transportation expected for this position to utilize are by
automobile or airplane.
● Work-from-home or performing telehealth may be required.
Coalition for Family Harmony provides direct services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; to
educate the community regarding violence against women, children and men; to prevent the cycle of violence.